About Urfan Moughal
Urfan is head of the firm’s Corporate Finance team.
He is also the Managing Partner, one of the founding partners at Jackson Moughal and oversees the strategic direction of the firm. Over the past seventeen years, Urfan has been involved in working with and advising a number of growing entrepreneurial businesses. These businesses are varied with turnover of £0.5m to £100m and are mainly owner managed family businesses and listed companies. He has been involved with working on and advising on a number of corporate finance transactions both in UK and Internationally.
Urfan also looks after a progressive and entrepreneurial client base which has grown rapidly over the last few years. These clients enjoy not only a partner led approach but are looked after a close team. He also has written various articles for magazines, mainly on growing family businesses and issues facing ethnic minority businesses.
- Glasgow University 1987- 1992 (BScEng in Electronic Engineering)
- Strathclyde University 1992-1993 (PGDipAcc in Accountancy)
- Downie Wilson (now Scott Moncrieff) Glasgow, Audit & Assurance 1993-1998
- Admitted as Chartered Accountant -The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland March 1999
- BDO LLP London Corporate Finance 1998-2003
- Moughal CA Glasgow 2003-2008
- Jackson Moughal Glasgow 2009 – Present
Corporate Finance, Audit