Not for Profit
Specialist Tax advisers and accountants for Charities and Not for profit organisations
JM has over twenty years’ experience of acting for charities and not for profit organisations. We act from small local charities under the audit threshold up to larger charities who operate internationally.
We are able to offer a personalised, cost effective and reliable accountancy service with a simple approach combined with the knowledge and expertise you would expect from a larger organisation.
One of our firm’s main goals is to building a sustainable relationship with our clients and not just ensuring we meet their regulatory obligations but also taking the time to get to know the client, embracing their culture and ethos.
How we can help you
- Charity accounting and audit services – specifically dealing with the issues pertinent to the charity and not for profit sectors
- Independent examination of charity accounts
- Charity taxation services including Gift Aid
- SORP accounting and compliance
- Payroll & VAT
- Internal controls
- Governance reviews
- Completion of annual returns
- Advice on how to set up a charity
- Guidance on charity funding
We have experience of dealing with a wide range of charities, from conservation to health and medical, professional to sport and recreation charities. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Faith based charities and organisations – including the new requirement to register with the Charity Commission for previously excepted charities
- Local charities
- Care homes
- Housing associations
- Community based charities
- Clubs and associations