About John Jackson
John Jackson, started out as Stockbroker and after leaving a successful career in London, returned to Glasgow to set up his own firm of chartered accountants and registered auditors. The firm was based a short distance from the old Glasgow Stock Exchange
Since 1976, John has been in practice as a sole practitioner advising numerous types of businesses from small family owned business to medium sized limited companies. He is involved in a number of areas such as setting up new businesses, tax and vat advice and auditing limited companies and charities, accounting and financial services.
John has also been a lecturer at Glasgow Caledonian University specialising in auditing and accounting for both under-graduates and professional accounting courses such as ACCA. John also lecturers to the Law Society of Scotland on accounting issues and has been involved in setting up various overseas courses.
- Stock broking Glasgow and London 1964 – 1966
- Dickson McFarlane and Robinson, Chartered Accountants 1966 – 1971
- Deloitte Haskins and Sells 1972 – 1976 – Audit manager
- Glasgow Caledonian University 1976- 2010 – Lecturer
- Jackson and Co, Chartered Accountants 1976 – 2009
- Jackson Moughal (previously Khokhar Moughal & Jackson LLP) Glasgow 2009 – Present
General practice and Private clients